Rumors of recession, higher prices at the gas pump and grocery store and higher interest rates have many wondering if they should postpone their plans to buy a home. While there are certainly some opportune times to buy the current economic situation doesn’t necessarily mean you need to give up your plans. There are some good indications that forging ahead now might be just as beneficial as waiting a year or more for an improved economic picture. Marc Coons, the Paso Robles home lender has some information to share that might just help you make up your mind.
The California Association of Realtors (CAR) released its mid-year report in July and some of the data presented in the report can be interpreted as opportunities for buyers. While interest rates have climbed, there are some hidden gems of opportunity in the report:
- More homes are remaining on the market due to a -30.67% drop in pending sales, the strongest decline since April 2020.
- Mortgage applications have dipped to below pre-pandemic levels.
- Sales are slowing.
- The CAR report projects that median prices for a single-family home will drop slightly in 2023.
The report focuses on single-family homes, but sales of other types of dwellings are also experiencing some of the same challenges. Prospective buyers in relatively strong financial positions might find themselves able to take advantage of these hidden opportunities, especially when relying on advice and assistance from Marc Coons, the Paso Robles home lender.
The answer is in finding the right lender
With access to hundreds of lenders, many specializing in non-conventional loans, Marc is in the best position to get you the best loan possible. Home loan services include:
- Mortgage loans and financing.
- Conventional loans.
- Jumbo, FHA, USDA, VA and 203(k) loans.
- Construction loans.
- Home purchase or refinancing.
- Equity loans and HELOC (lines of credit).
Marc has been helping individuals and families find their perfect home loan in Paso Robles and on the Central Coast since 2004. Recognizing that each customer has unique needs and backed by CrossCountry Mortgage, Marc applies his experience to streamline the entire loan process, starting with answering all of your questions:
- Where can I get a home loan?
- How do I qualify for a loan?
- Do I need to prequalify?
- What if I have some credit issued?
- How long does escrow take?
- What if I make a mistake on the loan application?
- What happens after I turn in the application?
Marc has the ability to quickly research and identify a list of lenders that are interested in meeting your unique mortgage requirements. Marc and his team make your mortgage process run as smoothly as possible by:
- Answering your questions.
- Thoroughly understanding your circumstances.
- Helping you prequalify.
- Connecting you with the right mortgage for your needs.
- Streamlining the paperwork and mortgage application.
The Paso Robles home lender serves all of the communities in San Luis Obispo County and is fully aware of the unique requirements associated with living on a small farm or vineyard, in towns like Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero and in the coastal towns. There are special attractions for buying a home in communities like San Miguel, Santa Margarita, or Cayucos. It’s important to work with a home lender who has access to lenders who appreciate the economics of the region and the variety of available life choices